Election Schedule 2012
- Election Schedule delivered to Reps.
- Nomination Forms distributed to Reps, along with
- Guidelines for Literature and a list of vacancies.
- Nomination information posted on EACC website.
- Nomination forms due at the EACC office by 4:30 p.m.
- Chairperson of the Nominations, Elections, and Credentials
Committee announces candidates and reviews election
procedures at Rep Assembly. Nominations from the floor
will be taken only for offices where there is insufficient
candidates to fill the vacancies. The ballot will not provide
for write-in candidates.
- List of candidates, submitted biographies, and BALLOTS sent out to members via reps.
- BALLOTS due at 4:30 p.m. at EACC office or at the RA.
Ballots received after this time will not be counted.
- Election results certified, winners notified by email and/or
phone. All other candidates will receive a copy of the
Guidelines For Campaign Literature EACC Elections
Campaign literature will not contain any obscenity or foul language. Literature will not contain libelous remarks about specific individuals.
Association office equipment and supplies (Xerox, paper, membership lists, staff, etc.) will not be used by candidates. Any campaign literature sent via the interschool pony using the Association's privileges will be approved by the Nominations, Elections, and Credential Committee. Candidates shall submit proposed literature to the Committee Chairperson, Richard Kelly, at the EACC office. Literature will be approved/disapproved within two days. Guidelines for literature will be included with the nomination form.
The Association Representative will not be required to distribute campaign literature but may volunteer to do so. The Chairperson of the NEC Committee will provide candidates with a list of persons in each school who have agreed to distribute literature. Nevertheless, it is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that his/her literature has been distributed properly.
Positions Vacant for 2012 Elections:
- EACC President (7/1/12 - 6/30/15)
- EACC Treasurer (7/1/12 - 6/30/15)
- TWO (2) EACC Executive Board Members at Large (7/1/12- 6/30/15)
- THIRTY-TWO (32) MSEA Convention Delegates (Fall 2012, Ocean City)*
- THIRTEEN (13) NEA Convention Delegates (July 2012, Washington, DC)*
- ONE (1) MSEA PAC Representative
*Attendance at the MSEA and NEA conventions will be funded as EACC budget allows. Elected delegate(s) who are not funded because of EACC budget constraints can attend the conventions at their own expense.