The EACC/CCPS tentative agreement was ratified (accepted) by the EACC membership and will take effect July 1, 2017.
284 EACC members voted (13%)
246 voted to ratify the contract (86.6%)
38 voted not to ratify the contract (13.4%)
Amy Hollstein, CCPS’ Chief Negotiator, and I will work together to update this year’s (FY 18) contract with the new (FY 18) language/salary scales to make it current. Once we have it completed, I will let you know. It will be posted on both our website, www.teameacc.org, and CCPS’ website, plus I will be sure to send the electronic version out to all of you.
All Unit I and Unit II EACC Bargaining Unit Members, who are eligible for a pay level increase (otherwise known as a “step”), will receive their salary increase on their first 17-18 SY paycheck. That date varies for 12 mo., 11 mo., and 10. mo. employees. To see what your salary will be, you can look in the current salary scale and move yourself down/over one pay level (be sure to look at the “level” column and NOT the 2016-17 Yrs. Exp. column). Be sure to look at your assignment sheet from last school year and compare it to the one that you will be getting for the upcoming school year to ensure your salary is correct.
- All Unit I bargaining members will receive one pay level increase (if they can move one level on the pay scale; those at the top please see bullet #3 below).
- Unit II bargaining members, who are eligible (eligible = those who did not receive a pay level increase this year; FY 17), will receive a pay level increase. Those Unit II members that were hired/placed the Unit II salary scale this year are not eligible for a pay level increase because the contract states that those on the Unit II Salary scale advance to the next level every 2 years (per Article 15 F).
- Those EACC bargaining unit members who are at the top of the Unit I and Unit II salary scale will not receive a salary increase.
Courtney L. Dowling, UniServ Director
Education Association of Charles County
Please click on the link below to view the TA.
The EACC will be holding two ratification meetings, FOR MEMBERS ONLY, so that members can hear more specific details regarding negotiations and the tentative agreement and ask questions. After reviewing these articles, please bring any questions with you to one of the two ratification meetings. The voting process will take place online and will be open for one week following the second ratification meeting. All members will receive an email regarding the ratification vote and a link will be provided in that email which will allow members to vote. Only members can vote in the ratification process.
We hope that you take part in this very important process and make it a priority to attend one of the two meetings listed below.
- Tuesday, June 6th beginning at 5:00 PM at North Point HS in the Professional Development Room across from the front office
- Wednesday, June 7th beginning at 5:00 PM at La Plata HS in the Media Center
Information on negotiations from surrounding counties from 2009-2015.
Contact the EACC office at 301.392.0150 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Or click here to contact your school’s Association Representative.